2005-03-21 13:55:39

by Jesper Juhl

Subject: 140 bugs, many of which are post-2.6.10 regressions - got a list?

Hi Andrew,

In the 2.6.12-rc1-mm1 announce.txt you say

"- Linus is away this week. Not a lot more should be going into 2.6.12 now
and I have a list of ~140 bugs, many of which are post-2.6.10 regressions.
We should fix these."

I'm wondering if you have a list of those bugs somewhere?

I'd like to see if I could deal with some of those, and that task is made
infinitely more aproachable by having knowledge of what the bugs actually
are :)

--
Jesper Juhl

2005-03-21 19:45:21

by Andrew Morton

Jesper Juhl <[email protected]> wrote:

> In the 2.6.12-rc1-mm1 announce.txt you say
>
> "- Linus is away this week. Not a lot more should be going into 2.6.12 now
> and I have a list of ~140 bugs, many of which are post-2.6.10 regressions.
> We should fix these."
>
> I'm wondering if you have a list of those bugs somewhere?

I need to get down and sort through the list, categorise, weed things out.

2005-03-21 20:01:48

by Jan Engelhardt

>> I'm wondering if you have a list of those bugs somewhere?
>I need to get down and sort through the list, categorise, weed things out.

How about the "unplugged" list?

Jan Engelhardt

by Jan Engelhardt

Jesper Juhl wrote:
>I'm wondering if you have a list of those bugs somewhere?

I think I've found something in his tree...
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/
Not sure if it is what you look for.

Jan Engelhardt

by Jesper Juhl

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> Jesper Juhl wrote:
> >I'm wondering if you have a list of those bugs somewhere?
>
> I think I've found something in his tree...
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/
> Not sure if it is what you look for.

It certainly looks like a good place to start - thanks.

I'll dig through those docs and see what I can verify is still a problem
and that I also have some chance of fixing - we'll see if it results in
patches :)

/Jesper

2005-03-22 14:40:44

by Jan Engelhardt

>> I think I've found something in his tree...
>> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/
>> Not sure if it is what you look for.
>>
>It certainly looks like a good place to start - thanks.

Ah sh**, just look at the date: 2003.

Jan Engelhardt

by Jesper Juhl

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> >> I think I've found something in his tree...
> >> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/
> >> Not sure if it is what you look for.
> >>
> >It certainly looks like a good place to start - thanks.
>
> Ah sh**, just look at the date: 2003.

Hmm, yeah, I noticed that as well, pretty old.. but still, it's a place to
start until Andrew comes up with a more up-to-date list :) Have to work
with what you can find :) I see he also posted a list (of email
subjects aparently) in another thread, that should provide some things to
go on as well.

/Jesper

2005-03-23 09:07:11

by zyphr

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:14:47 +0100 (MET), Jan Engelhardt
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Jesper Juhl wrote:
> >I'm wondering if you have a list of those bugs somewhere?
>
> I think I've found something in his tree...
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/
> Not sure if it is what you look for.
>

> Jan Engelhardt

Those are almost 2 years old ;-)

2005-03-23 09:22:42

by Jan Engelhardt

>Those are almost 2 years old ;-)

Jesper and me found that out about 17 hours before you :p

Jan Engelhardt