2013-04-19 14:57:19

by Scott Simpson

Subject: Kernel bug: opensuse 12.3, lenovo 3000 n100 laptop

Stack trace is here:?http://www.flickr.com/photos/94373754@N06/8662259093/ -

2013-04-19 17:20:56

by Bjorn Helgaas

[+cc Bryan, Zhang]

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Scott Simpson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Stack trace is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94373754@N06/8662259093/ --

Hi Scott,

This is an openSUSE bug, so you'll probably get more help there. I
added a CC: for that, and you can look here as well:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

Is this easy to reproduce? Do you know whether the same thing happens
with an upstream kernel, e.g., v3.8 or v3.9-rc7? If it turns out that
this bug still exists in the upstream kernel, Zhang will probably be
interested in it.

Transcribed from the screen shot:

kernel BUG at
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/kernel-desktop-3.7.10/linux-3.7/kernel/sched/core.c:1465!
Pid: 3742, comm: kworker/0:0 Not tainted 3.7.10-1.1-desktop #1
LENOVO 0768DCU/CAPELL VALLEY(NAPA) CRB
Call Trace:
schedule_timeout
wait_for_common
stop_one_cpu
set_cpus_allowed_ptr
acpi_processor_set_throttling
thermal_zone_device_update
process_one_work
worker_thread
kthread
ret_from_kernel_thread
kthread_create_on_node
Kernel panic -- not syncing: Watchdog detected hard LOCKUP on cpu 1

Bjorn

2013-04-19 18:23:59

by Scott Simpson

Is this easy to reproduce? Do you know whether the same thing happens
> with an upstream kernel, e.g., v3.8 or v3.9-rc7? If it turns out that
> this bug still exists in the upstream kernel, Zhang will probably be
> interested in it.

It isn't easy to simulate. It only happened to me one. I'll file with the OpenSUSE guys and see what they say. I don't know if it happens with the upstream kernels. Thanks. -