2022-09-29 15:37:59

by Naresh Kamboju

Subject: selftest: arm64: missing install files

While running kselftest arm64 tests the following list of tests
were missing which means those test binaries not installed on to the rootfs.
Not a part of "make install" do we need to fix Makefiles ?
or am I missing something on the build machine ?

We are building on the one machine and testing on multiple arm64 target
devices. Please refer to build log [1] and test log [2].

# selftests: arm64: fp-stress
# Warning: file fp-stress is missing!

# selftests: arm64: sve-ptrace
# Warning: file sve-ptrace is missing!

# selftests: arm64: vec-syscfg
# Warning: file vec-syscfg is missing!

# selftests: arm64: za-ptrace
# Warning: file za-ptrace is missing!

# selftests: arm64: hwcap
# Warning: file hwcap is missing!

# selftests: arm64: ptrace
# Warning: file ptrace is missing!

# selftests: arm64: syscall-abi
# Warning: file syscall-abi is missing!

Reported-by: Linux Kernel Functional Testing <[email protected]>

[1] Build log: click on log.do_compile file link
https://storage.lkft.org/rootfs-kselftest/oe-kirkstone/20220927-202538/juno/

[2] Test log: click on full log file link
https://qa-reports.linaro.org/lkft/linux-next-master/build/next-20220923/testrun/12052498/suite/kselftest-arm64/tests/

- Naresh

2022-09-29 17:02:36

by Mark Brown

Subject: Re: selftest: arm64: missing install files

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 09:03:54PM +0530, Naresh Kamboju wrote:

> While running kselftest arm64 tests the following list of tests
> were missing which means those test binaries not installed on to the rootfs.
> Not a part of "make install" do we need to fix Makefiles ?
> or am I missing something on the build machine ?

There's probably an issue in either the build system or in how you're
using it. I'd guess if there is an issue in the source it's in the
generic kselftest stuff rather than something arm64 specific.

> We are building on the one machine and testing on multiple arm64 target
> devices. Please refer to build log [1] and test log [2].

The build log does not seem to include the command used to start the
kselftest build and I'm not clear that it includes anything from the
install step at all, never mind the command for it. As far as I can
tell everything built fine and something that was done between the build
and trying to run the tests didn't work as expected but there doesn't
appear to be any information about that part of the process.

An example of a build which builds all expected executables and installs
them into a tarball for deployment on a system can be seen here:

https://storage.kernelci.org/mainline/master/v6.0-rc7/arm64/defconfig%2Bkselftest/gcc-10/logs/kselftest.log

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.31 kB)
signature.asc (499.00 B)