2005-03-09 21:32:01

by Peter Waechtler

Subject: linux dvb alps_tdlb7 removed

With version 2.6.10 the driver for the tuner frontend from ALPS TDLB7
was removed.

Why do you think that this is a dead file?
While I'm happy with the work you do for dvb on Linux, and I want to
thank you for this anyway, my TV does not work anymore! :(

I use a TechoTrend Premium card with that frontend on it. It worked
fine until 2.6.10.
Can you put it back into mainline? Is there some work to do for
reinsertion?

regards
Peter

2005-03-11 12:58:53

by Juri Haberland

Subject: Re: linux dvb alps_tdlb7 removed

In article <[email protected]> you wrote:
> With version 2.6.10 the driver for the tuner frontend from ALPS TDLB7
> was removed.
>
> Why do you think that this is a dead file?
> While I'm happy with the work you do for dvb on Linux, and I want to
> thank you for this anyway, my TV does not work anymore! :(
>
> I use a TechoTrend Premium card with that frontend on it. It worked
> fine until 2.6.10.
> Can you put it back into mainline? Is there some work to do for
> reinsertion?

I think the driver you now need is sp8870. It's just another name for
the same file.

Regards,
Juri

2005-03-11 20:30:03

by Kenneth Aafløy

On Friday 11 March 2005 13:58, Juri Haberland wrote:
> In article <[email protected]> you wrote:
> > With version 2.6.10 the driver for the tuner frontend from ALPS TDLB7
> > was removed.
> >
> > Why do you think that this is a dead file?
> > While I'm happy with the work you do for dvb on Linux, and I want to
> > thank you for this anyway, my TV does not work anymore! :(
> >
> > I use a TechoTrend Premium card with that frontend on it. It worked
> > fine until 2.6.10.
> > Can you put it back into mainline? Is there some work to do for
> > reinsertion?
>
> I think the driver you now need is sp8870. It's just another name for

Yup you are right. If someone has a card that is no longer working,
please have a look at these pages and contact the linuxtv-dvb mailing-list:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Supported_DVB_cards
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_cards_requiring_definition
http://www.linuxtv.org/lists.php

Kenneth

2005-03-13 16:28:04

by Peter Waechtler

Am 11.03.2005 um 21:10 schrieb Kenneth Aafl?y:

> On Friday 11 March 2005 13:58, Juri Haberland wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]> you wrote:
>>> With version 2.6.10 the driver for the tuner frontend from ALPS TDLB7
>>> was removed.
>>>
>>> Why do you think that this is a dead file?
>>> While I'm happy with the work you do for dvb on Linux, and I want to
>>> thank you for this anyway, my TV does not work anymore! :(
>>>
>>> I use a TechoTrend Premium card with that frontend on it. It worked
>>> fine until 2.6.10.
>>> Can you put it back into mainline? Is there some work to do for
>>> reinsertion?
>>
>> I think the driver you now need is sp8870. It's just another name for
>
> Yup you are right. If someone has a card that is no longer working,
> please have a look at these pages and contact the linuxtv-dvb
> mailing-list:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Supported_DVB_cards
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_cards_requiring_definition
> http://www.linuxtv.org/lists.php

Thanx, now it works again under 2.6.11
I had to create a link in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware with the new name
also.

Peter