2020-11-07 12:33:25

by Qu Wenruo

Subject: About the rockpi4 pcie controller failed to initialize problem in v5.10-rc2

Hi guys,

I see your awesome contribution to support Rock Pi 4B.

However in recent rc (v5.10-rc2), I found that even with `vpcie1v8` and
`vpcie0v9` added, `regulartor_dev_lookup()` now just returns
-EPROBE_DEFER, preventing rockchip pcie controller to be initialized.

The full callchain is:

rockchip_pcie_parse_host_dt()
|- rockchip>vpcie1v8 = devm_regulator_get_optional(dev, "vpcie1v8");
|- _regulator_get()
|- regulator_dev_lookup()
|- node = of_get_regulartor()
|- if (!node) {
|- r = of_find_regulator(); /* No @r found */
|- return ERR_PTR(-EPROBE_DEFER);

This means we can't utilize PCIE controller completely.

But strangely, `vpcie12v` and `vpcie3v3` both initialized without problem.

Any clue on how the problem could happened? I guess it's some device
tree definition went crazy, but not familiar with device tree at all.

Thanks,
Qu

Attachments:
signature.asc (499.00 B)