2011-05-13 09:20:10

by Frederik Himpe

Subject: patch from intel-drm-staging for 2.6.39

This commit from intel-drm-staging fixes an oops for me when docking my
system. Can it be added to 2.6.39?

commit c60001b9921a869c7dc916e72a22c5805cc562ae
Author: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Fri Apr 22 10:47:08 2011 +0100

drm: Take lock around probes for drm_fb_helper_hotplug_event

--
Frederik Himpe

2011-05-13 09:57:57

by Chris Wilson

Subject: Re: patch from intel-drm-staging for 2.6.39

On Fri, 13 May 2011 09:19:53 +0000 (UTC), Frederik Himpe <[email protected]> wrote:
> This commit from intel-drm-staging fixes an oops for me when docking my
> system. Can it be added to 2.6.39?

Dave added it to his next queue as he wanted to validate the patch on
several machines (not just Intel) with lockdep. Once he's happy that it is
unlikely to cause other regressions, he will send it on and from there we
can ask for it to be put into stable.
-Chris