2022-12-08 20:43:28

by Jiri Kosina

Subject: [GIT PULL] HID regression fix for 6.1

Linus,

please pull from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hid/hid.git tags/for-linus-2022120801

It contains a regression fix for handling Logitech HID++ devices and
memory corruption fixes. More specifically:

=====
- regression fix (revert) for catch-all handling of Logitech HID++
Bluetooth devices; there are devices that turn out not to work
with this, and the root cause is yet to be properly understood. So we
are dropping it for now, and it will be revisited for 6.2 or 6.3
(Benjamin Tissoires)
- memory corruption fix in HID core (ZhangPeng)
- memory corruption fix in hid-lg4ff (Anastasia Belova)
- Kconfig fix for I2C_HID (Benjamin Tissoires)
- a few device-id specific quirks that piggy-back on top of the
important fixes above
=====

Thanks.

Anastasia Belova (1):
HID: hid-lg4ff: Add check for empty lbuf

Ankit Patel (1):
HID: usbhid: Add ALWAYS_POLL quirk for some mice

Benjamin Tissoires (3):
HID: fix I2C_HID not selected when I2C_HID_OF_ELAN is
Revert "HID: logitech-hidpp: Remove special-casing of Bluetooth devices"
Revert "HID: logitech-hidpp: Enable HID++ for all the Logitech Bluetooth devices"

Hans de Goede (1):
HID: ite: Enable QUIRK_TOUCHPAD_ON_OFF_REPORT on Acer Aspire Switch V 10

Jos? Exp?sito (2):
HID: uclogic: Fix frame templates for big endian architectures
HID: uclogic: Add HID_QUIRK_HIDINPUT_FORCE quirk

ZhangPeng (1):
HID: core: fix shift-out-of-bounds in hid_report_raw_event

drivers/hid/hid-core.c | 3 +++
drivers/hid/hid-ids.h | 4 ++++
drivers/hid/hid-ite.c | 5 +++++
drivers/hid/hid-lg4ff.c | 6 ++++++
drivers/hid/hid-logitech-hidpp.c | 28 +++++++++-------------------
drivers/hid/hid-quirks.c | 3 +++
drivers/hid/hid-uclogic-core.c | 1 +
drivers/hid/hid-uclogic-rdesc.c | 2 +-
drivers/hid/i2c-hid/Kconfig | 4 ++--

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

2022-12-08 20:57:11

by pr-tracker-bot

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] HID regression fix for 6.1

The pull request you sent on Thu, 8 Dec 2022 21:16:00 +0100 (CET):

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hid/hid.git tags/for-linus-2022120801

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/ce19275f0103934828cb19712b6d8552c39476c8

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.