2002-09-20 22:02:57

by Andrew Grover

Subject: ACPI: Call for testers

Hi all,

Since the last ACPI revision made it into the 2.4 kernel (10 months ago) we
have been making steady improvement. Successive versions have been tested by
subscribers to the acpi-devel mailing list, but to really be confident this
patch is suitable for inclusion in the 2.4 stable branch, it needs testing
from an even wider audience. We're hoping you can help. :)

There are three pieces of data we're looking for, from as wide a spectrum of
x86 machines as possible:

1) Does it boot?
(Does the system hang, oops, or otherwise fail in a non-graceful manner)

2) Does it configure PCI interrupts properly?
(/proc/interrupts may not be the same before and after, but devices should
work like they did before the patch)

3) How do your results compare to the existing ACPI code in 2.4.x? Anything
else interesting?
(optional)

If you're willing, please download the ACPI patch from here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36832&release_id=11156
2

Please report your observations either to me, or preferably to
[email protected].

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards -- Andy

-----------------------------
Andrew Grover
Intel Labs / Mobile Architecture

by Jeff Garzik

Subject: Re: ACPI: Call for testers

Grover, Andrew wrote:
> If you're willing, please download the ACPI patch from here:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36832&release_id=11156
> 2

This patch get a number of rejects against 2.4.20-BK-current :(

Also, posting the patch's real URL would be useful :) I can't stand
SourceForge's multiple levels of indirection, just to get to a file.
For other's, here's the 2.4.20-pre7 patch, without indirection:
http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/acpi/acpi-20020918-2.4.20-pre7.diff.gz

Is there a BK repo I can pull from to get these changes?

Jeff

2002-09-20 22:46:15

by Andrew Grover

> From: Jeff Garzik [mailto:[email protected]]
> > If you're willing, please download the ACPI patch from here:

> This patch get a number of rejects against 2.4.20-BK-current :(

You're too smart for your own good. :)

Yes, 2.4.20-BK-current will not patch cleanly. However, you can pull from
http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net/linux-2.4-acpi for the patch against 2.4 bk
current.

> Also, posting the patch's real URL would be useful :) I can't stand
> SourceForge's multiple levels of indirection, just to get to a file.
> For other's, here's the 2.4.20-pre7 patch, without indirection:

http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/acpi/acpi-20020918-2.4.20-pre7.dif
f.gz

Thanks, yes, that is a better URL.

Regards -- Andy