2002-09-24 00:00:36

by Mr. James W. Laferriere

Subject: MBONE and Linux (fwd) , And questions .

Hello all , A gent posted to the ietf mailing list a message .
(a portion of which is shown beloiw , Author removed for privacy)
When I went to the url presented below I found the resources there
dating from Aug-2000 . So I think that the project died a quick
death . But I was hoping that someone in the Linux community may
have picked it up & carried on . If anyone knows of a simular
project I would be appreciative of the pointer .

Is this project on going to anyones knowledge ?

Is there a simular project on going to anyones knowledge ?
Tia , JimL
Fro the people that were interested I found:
http://www.sprintlabs.com/Department/IP-Interworking/multicast/linux-igmpv3/

Which is an alpha implementation of IGMPv3 released under GPL. No router
capabilities yet... but promising...

| James W. Laferriere | System Techniques | Give me VMS |
| Network Engineer | P.O. Box 854 | Give me Linux |
| [email protected] | Coudersport PA 16915 | only on AXP |

by David Miller

Subject: Re: MBONE and Linux (fwd) , And questions .

See the linux-net posting dated "Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:39:19 -0700 (PDT)"

2002-09-24 00:19:03

by Mr. James W. Laferriere

Hello Dave , Thank you .... ! JimL