2013-04-22 10:32:41

by Hector Palacios

Subject: How usable is spi-mxs driver?

Hello,

I had the feeling that the MXS SPI driver was rather useless due to the SPI being only
half-duplex on i.MX28, but it looks like people's using it so I was wondering what
kind of SPI devices can be driven with it, or if there is any trick that allows
bi-directional communication.

H?ctor Palacios

2013-04-22 14:36:06

by Marek Vasut

Subject: Re: How usable is spi-mxs driver?

Dear Hector Palacios,

> Hello,
>
> I had the feeling that the MXS SPI driver was rather useless due to the SPI
> being only half-duplex on i.MX28, but it looks like people's using it so I
> was wondering what kind of SPI devices can be driven with it, or if there
> is any trick that allows bi-directional communication.

It can't do full duplex. I tested it with master-slave communication (half-
duplex) and various SPI flashes.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut