2013-04-24 17:29:33

by Paul E. McKenney

Subject: [GIT PULL events/urgent] Protect access via task_subsys_state_check()

Hello, Ingo,

This pull request is for an RCU-related bug fix in perf_event_comm().
Without this fix, RCU-lockdep splats and other failures result.

This fix is available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulmck/linux-rcu.git rcu/urgent

It has been subjected to -next testing and was posted to LKML at
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/4/19/403.

Thanx, Paul

Paul E. McKenney (1):
events: Protect access via task_subsys_state_check()

kernel/events/core.c | 2 ++
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

2013-04-25 06:52:23

by Ingo Molnar

* Paul E. McKenney <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello, Ingo,
>
> This pull request is for an RCU-related bug fix in perf_event_comm().
> Without this fix, RCU-lockdep splats and other failures result.
>
> This fix is available in the git repository at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulmck/linux-rcu.git rcu/urgent
>
> It has been subjected to -next testing and was posted to LKML at
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/4/19/403.
>
> Thanx, Paul

> Paul E. McKenney (1):
> events: Protect access via task_subsys_state_check()
>
> kernel/events/core.c | 2 ++
> 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

So, I already have this as:

c79aa0d96548 events: Protect access via task_subsys_state_check()

Given the urgency I applied it out of email and will send it to Linus
later today.

Thanks,

Ingo

2013-04-25 13:23:58

by Paul E. McKenney

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 08:52:18AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Paul E. McKenney <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hello, Ingo,
> >
> > This pull request is for an RCU-related bug fix in perf_event_comm().
> > Without this fix, RCU-lockdep splats and other failures result.
> >
> > This fix is available in the git repository at:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulmck/linux-rcu.git rcu/urgent
> >
> > It has been subjected to -next testing and was posted to LKML at
> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/4/19/403.
> >
> > Thanx, Paul

> > Paul E. McKenney (1):
> > events: Protect access via task_subsys_state_check()
> >
> > kernel/events/core.c | 2 ++
> > 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)
>
> So, I already have this as:
>
> c79aa0d96548 events: Protect access via task_subsys_state_check()
>
> Given the urgency I applied it out of email and will send it to Linus
> later today.

Thank you, and sorry for the noise!

Thanx, Paul