2000-11-08 17:39:00

by Richard Henderson

Subject: Re: PCI-PCI bridges mess in 2.4.x

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 02:25:13PM +0300, Ivan Kokshaysky wrote:
> I relied on DEC^WIntel 21153 datasheet which says that to turn off
> io/mem window this bridge must be programmed with base > limit
> values (and the code actually did that).

Interesting. I hadn't known that. It didn't actually fail with
the ALI bridge, I just assumed it was a mistake. Can anyone with
docs on non-DEC bridges confirm that this is a common thing?

Certainly the fact should be commented if the old code goes back
in to avoid disruption by helpful folks like myself. :-)

r~