2009-01-13 13:35:03

by Thierry Pierret

Subject: Obexd 0.8 : howto

Hi,

I'm only an end-user. Ans as is, I'm not comfortable with D-Bus stuff,
neither with Python samples. Hence the current request may look dumb
for you. Apologizes. Be indulgent.

I'm trying to transfer files through OBEX. obexd (-o -a -r /var/obex)
and obex-client are running on my target.
1?/ Any attempt to push a file to my target ends with a "HUP" message.
What's happening ? What should I do ?
2?/ How to push a file from my target using the dbus commands ? Any
call fails, but the error certainly lies in the given pathes and
arguments.
I'm diving in D-Bus doc, but I would earn some times with some
examples. Note that those examples in the wiki would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Regards.

2009-01-14 09:48:22

by Thierry Pierret

Subject: Re: Obexd 0.8 : howto

> Well, under OBEXD 0.8, you can use test/send-files to verify that is your whole env. is setting correctly for the obexd and OPP profile. Though I know you are not comfortable with python, but this is the quickest way to verify it. And there is an API doc at doc/client-api.txt

The mentioned files are indeed the ones I use as documentation.
Finaly, Python is not so complicated to read and to understand ;-)

> And what's your meaning for using dbus commands? You mean using libdbus or using dbus-send? For using libdbus or dbus's glib binding, I guess you can also read Meamo's tutorial doc for some example. And for using dbus-send, it's a little bit complicate to send a dict as input parameter to dbus, man dbus-send is a good start. But actually using Python will be easier :)

Python is not installed on the platform I'm testing. That's the reason
why I could not use the test samples and I'm attempting to test the
bluetooth features with the dbus-send command. And as you said, I'm
stucked with the dict parameter. I think I will have to install Python
anyway.

> Raymond

Thanks for your answer.

Does anyone have an idea for the 1st of my questions : why any attempt
to push a file to the obexd server fails with a "HUP" message ?

Thierry

2009-01-14 02:14:31

by Liu, Raymond

Hi Pierret

>Hi,
>
>I'm only an end-user. Ans as is, I'm not comfortable with D-Bus stuff,
>neither with Python samples. Hence the current request may look dumb
>for you. Apologizes. Be indulgent.
>
>I'm trying to transfer files through OBEX. obexd (-o -a -r /var/obex)
>and obex-client are running on my target.
>1?/ Any attempt to push a file to my target ends with a "HUP" message.
>What's happening ? What should I do ?

Well, under OBEXD 0.8, you can use test/send-files to verify that is your whole env. is setting correctly for the obexd and OPP profile. Though I know you are not comfortable with python, but this is the quickest way to verify it. And there is an API doc at doc/client-api.txt

And without your detail information of how you are doing on your PC, I guess no one know what's happening on you side.