2008-12-08 22:47:37

by pavan_savoy

Subject: ObexFTP killing the Local SDP server

Hi,

I have a blueZ [version 3.35, wrongly claimed as 3.36] hcid daemon running on a machine, and I have put on it an ObexFTP daemon application [openobex + obexftp] which is statically linked with [bluez-libs-3.36].

The problem I face is, when I start obexftpd it says cannot register with SDP server,
register to SDP Server failed, and comes out & then waits for a connecttion.

When I looked into it, it was failing in the function "sdp_connect_local" in bluez-libs/src/sdp.c & it also caused the SDP server to kill, So I cannot even do an sdptool browse local after this.
[I checked sdptool browse local before running obexftpd & it is fine...]

Is it a problem with permissions given to unix domain sockets on platform ? Or something to do with the version mis-match ? Or something totally different ?

regards,
Pavan

--

"KLUB MJ Hunt, Search for India's First Movie Jockey"
For more details log on to http://www.zeecinema.com

2008-12-12 09:11:29

by Per Thomas Jahr

Subject: Re: ObexFTP killing the Local SDP server

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 02:47 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Pavan,
>
> > I have a blueZ [version 3.35, wrongly claimed as 3.36] hcid daemon running on a machine, and I have put on it an ObexFTP daemon application [openobex + obexftp] which is statically linked with [bluez-libs-3.36].
> >
> > The problem I face is, when I start obexftpd it says cannot register with SDP server,
> > register to SDP Server failed, and comes out & then waits for a connecttion.
> >
> > When I looked into it, it was failing in the function "sdp_connect_local" in bluez-libs/src/sdp.c & it also caused the SDP server to kill, So I cannot even do an sdptool browse local after this.
> > [I checked sdptool browse local before running obexftpd & it is fine...]
> >
> > Is it a problem with permissions given to unix domain sockets on platform ? Or something to do with the version mis-match ? Or something totally different ?
>
> I don't know. Your system seems to be screwed up. Why don't you start
> using something more recent like 4.22.

If you are on Fedora, there was an security update of dbus a couple of
days ago that screwed up bluetooth (and a couple of other things) for
most users. Maybe that is the problem.

Cheers
Per Thomas

2008-12-12 01:47:39

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pavan,

> I have a blueZ [version 3.35, wrongly claimed as 3.36] hcid daemon running on a machine, and I have put on it an ObexFTP daemon application [openobex + obexftp] which is statically linked with [bluez-libs-3.36].
>
> The problem I face is, when I start obexftpd it says cannot register with SDP server,
> register to SDP Server failed, and comes out & then waits for a connecttion.
>
> When I looked into it, it was failing in the function "sdp_connect_local" in bluez-libs/src/sdp.c & it also caused the SDP server to kill, So I cannot even do an sdptool browse local after this.
> [I checked sdptool browse local before running obexftpd & it is fine...]
>
> Is it a problem with permissions given to unix domain sockets on platform ? Or something to do with the version mis-match ? Or something totally different ?

I don't know. Your system seems to be screwed up. Why don't you start
using something more recent like 4.22.

Regards

Marcel