2008-12-30 01:19:31

by Krishnan

Subject: Manufacturer ID

Hi,

hci_read_local_version gives the manufacturer of the BT chip. The same id is used in get_inquiry_mode to get the inquiry mode. But I am not seeing any details elsewhere regarding this. Mainly, I am concerned whether manufacturer can be used to find the BT chip make?

Regards,
Krishnan

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses

2008-12-30 01:45:11

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Manufacturer ID

Hi Krishnan,

> hci_read_local_version gives the manufacturer of the BT chip. The same id is used in get_inquiry_mode to get the inquiry mode. But I am not seeing any details elsewhere regarding this. Mainly, I am concerned whether manufacturer can be used to find the BT chip make?

check the Bluetooth Assigned Number specification. It defines the
manufacturer id as a unique implementation of LMP. Normally this is done
by the chip manufacturers.

Regards

Marcel