2009-01-23 05:11:47

by 卞磊

Subject: Can we connected HFP and A2DP at the same time?

Hi All,
This is the case for the cellphone : suppose the user is
listening music via A2DP, then a call coming, the user can answer this
call via HFP (press answer key in the bluetooth headset). After the
call ending, the cellphone will continue to play music via A2DP.
I test several headset on Moto A1200
(iTech/Jabra/SonyEricsson/Moto bluetooth headset). But not all the
headset can answer the call by pressing answer key. Only the
iTech/Jabra can pass this case.
My question is : does the bluez protocol support connected HFP and
A2DP at the same time? Then how can i judge whether a headset support
this or not? Thanks.

Regards
LeiBian

2009-01-28 15:01:47

by Ed Tsang

Subject: Re: Can we connected HFP and A2DP at the same time?

Newer stereo headset might support this. I did one last year but it is
base on CSR's BlueLab. The stream will be suspended or paused when call act=
ive or SCO active and automatic resumed/play after the call. But as usual t=
here are cases that the phone did the same thing, so it could be messy.

Cheers,
Edwin
> > This is the case for the cellphone : suppose the
> user is
> > listening music via A2DP, then a call coming, the user
> can answer this
> > call via HFP (press answer key in the bluetooth
> headset). After the
> > call ending, the cellphone will continue to play music
> via A2DP.
> > I test several headset on Moto A1200
> > (iTech/Jabra/SonyEricsson/Moto bluetooth headset). But
> not all the
> > headset can answer the call by pressing answer key.
> Only the
> > iTech/Jabra can pass this case.
> > My question is : does the bluez protocol support
> connected HFP and
> > A2DP at the same time? Then how can i judge whether a
> headset support
> > this or not? Thanks.
>=20
> in theory you can, but there are certain physical limits
> and I don't
> know of any headset that does support it. BlueZ would be
> just fine in
> doing so.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Marcel
>=20
>=20
> More majordomo info at=20
> http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html=0A=0A=0A

2009-01-28 07:23:51

by 卞磊

Hi,
You are right. I make a mistake about HFP rfcomm channel num. Now,
i can connected HFP/A2DP at the sametime. Thanks.

Regards,
LeiBian.

2009/1/28 Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
>> This is the case for the cellphone : suppose the user is
>> listening music via A2DP, then a call coming, the user can answer this
>> call via HFP (press answer key in the bluetooth headset). After the
>> call ending, the cellphone will continue to play music via A2DP.
>> I test several headset on Moto A1200
>> (iTech/Jabra/SonyEricsson/Moto bluetooth headset). But not all the
>> headset can answer the call by pressing answer key. Only the
>> iTech/Jabra can pass this case.
>> My question is : does the bluez protocol support connected HFP and
>> A2DP at the same time? Then how can i judge whether a headset support
>> this or not? Thanks.
>
> in theory you can, but there are certain physical limits and I don't
> know of any headset that does support it. BlueZ would be just fine in
> doing so.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2009-01-28 05:51:59