2009-02-26 08:29:26

by hlidea(注意力集中)

Subject: Where can I find old bluetooth kernel patches?

Hello All,

For some reason, I need the old bluetooth kernel patches for kernel
2.4.20. However, all the patches from
http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel are lost. Are there any other
places where I can find these patches? Or could somebody kindly supply
it for me? Thanks in advance.

Chris

2009-02-28 21:47:07

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Where can I find old bluetooth kernel patches?

Hi Chris,

> For some reason, I need the old bluetooth kernel patches for kernel
> 2.4.20. However, all the patches from
> http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel are lost. Are there any other
> places where I can find these patches? Or could somebody kindly supply
> it for me? Thanks in advance.

there is no active support for the 2.4 kernel series anymore.

Regards

Marcel

2009-03-02 08:07:11

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Chris,

we don't top post on this mailing list. Don't do that again since I am
really good at ignoring emails like that.

> I suggest you keep the old patches on the Internet. These patches are
> valueable especially for some embedded linux system. You know, upgrade
> the kernel on embedded system is not easy, so I think you can just
> leave the old patches there without any support for them.
> Most people will benefit from these old patches.Thanks a lot.

Actually putting up these patches would slow down the progress. Nobody
should be using a 2.4 kernel anymore. The 2.4 series is now since 5
years in maintenance mode. My tolerance level is currently at 2.6.25
kernel and everything before is just an ancient kernel and you should
not use it. If you do then you are on your own and please don't bother
anybody in the open source community with these kind of silly requests.
Please think about what you are asking from the community. What does the
BlueZ community would get in return for giving you these patches?

Regards

Marcel

2009-03-02 06:33:03

by hlidea(注意力集中)

Hi Marcel,

I suggest you keep the old patches on the Internet. These patches are
valueable especially for some embedded linux system. You know, upgrade
the kernel on embedded system is not easy, so I think you can just
leave the old patches there without any support for them.
Most people will benefit from these old patches.Thanks a lot.

Br,
Chris