2009-05-22 09:24:36

by Роман

Subject: Configure bug

Hi!
I use Ubuntu Jauntry.
Configure pass with no errors when I try to install bluez-4.40.tar.gz.
But an error apear when I do "make":

libtool: link: cannot find the library `../sbc/libsbc.la' or unhandled argument `../sbc/libsbc.la'

The problem solved when I installed libasound2-dev.
It would be good if Configure will check for libasound2-dev installed in system.

Thanks.

2009-05-22 19:33:26

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: Configure bug

Hi Marcel,

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrot=
e:
> seems like you ended up with ${alsa_enable} =3D yes and ${alsa_found} =3D=
no
> and this is causes this mismatch.

Recently I hit the same problem, I was using bootstrap-configure
without libasound-dev, wouldn't be better if we just make configure to
fail in such situation?

--=20
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computa=E7=E3o

2009-05-22 16:28:44

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I use Ubuntu Jauntry.
> Configure pass with no errors when I try to install bluez-4.40.tar.gz.
> But an error apear when I do "make":
>
> libtool: link: cannot find the library `../sbc/libsbc.la' or unhandled argument `../sbc/libsbc.la'
>
> The problem solved when I installed libasound2-dev.
> It would be good if Configure will check for libasound2-dev installed in system.

seems like you ended up with ${alsa_enable} = yes and ${alsa_found} = no
and this is causes this mismatch.

Regards

Marcel