2009-06-16 05:01:13

by BlueZ Newbie

Subject: SMS from PC to phone over Bluetooth

Hi All,

I am trying to send an SMS message from my PC with a Bluetooth Dongle
to my Samsung Blackjack cell phone. I tried to use OBEX to send a
vMessage (text/x-vMessage TYPE) with a .vmg file. But, the cell phone
does not seem to recognize this format. I can successfully send
pictures, media files, vCard, and vCalendar files over OBEX.

Are there any alternate methods to accomplish this? Please note that I
don't want to go through the service provider (ie., use of AT commands
to my cellphone modem over Bluetooth). I am trying to stay away from
all dependencies and purely use Bluetooth transport to accomplish
this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kumar

2009-06-16 09:27:53

by Bastien Nocera

Subject: Re: SMS from PC to phone over Bluetooth

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 22:01 -0700, BlueZ Newbie wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to send an SMS message from my PC with a Bluetooth Dongle
> to my Samsung Blackjack cell phone. I tried to use OBEX to send a
> vMessage (text/x-vMessage TYPE) with a .vmg file. But, the cell phone
> does not seem to recognize this format. I can successfully send
> pictures, media files, vCard, and vCalendar files over OBEX.
>
> Are there any alternate methods to accomplish this? Please note that I
> don't want to go through the service provider (ie., use of AT commands
> to my cellphone modem over Bluetooth). I am trying to stay away from
> all dependencies and purely use Bluetooth transport to accomplish
> this.

Try gnome-phone-manager and gnokii for this.

Cheers