Subject: Question about the connect Function and BlueZ.

Hi,

Well, we have a problem in the Linux platfform with BlueZ. The problem is
easy to explain:

We open a connexion (with bluetooth) with connect function (we use socket).
Every connexion make in his own thread. This connexions are with Obex Push
profile. This works without problems.

For the purposes of our applications, we need to cut this connection before
the terminal (reduced the time of the ask in the terminal: the user confirm
the sending). The call to connect function is blocking (because we need to
know if the user of the terminal can not connect errno==ECONNREFUSED).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fcntl(func->handlesocket, F_SETFL, fcntl(func->handlesocket, F_GETFL,0) &
~O_NONBLOCK);
func->refused = false;
error = connect(func->handlesocket, (struct sockaddr *)&rem_addr,
sizeof(rem_addr));
if(error<0)
{
if(errno==ECONNREFUSED) func->refused = true;
func->SetEvent(DIOLNXBTFSMEVENT_DISCONNECTING);
break;
}
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is: How cancel this block connexion make with connect function?

If we call to this code (in other thread) the connect function waits to
timeout of the terminal...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fcntl(handlesocket, F_SETFL, fcntl(handlesocket, F_GETFL,0) & ~O_NONBLOCK);
shutdown(handlesocket,SHUT_RDWR);
close(handlesocket);
handlesocket = -1;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same code in Microsoft Windows Stack of Bluetooth "cancel" the connect
function...

Any idea?

Thanks in advanced for your time ....

Best Regards,
Abraham.

2009-08-22 19:59:24

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Question about the connect Function and BlueZ.

Hi Abraham,

> Well, we have a problem in the Linux platfform with BlueZ. The problem is
> easy to explain:
>
> We open a connexion (with bluetooth) with connect function (we use socket).
> Every connexion make in his own thread. This connexions are with Obex Push
> profile. This works without problems.
>
> For the purposes of our applications, we need to cut this connection before
> the terminal (reduced the time of the ask in the terminal: the user confirm
> the sending). The call to connect function is blocking (because we need to
> know if the user of the terminal can not connect errno==ECONNREFUSED).
>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> fcntl(func->handlesocket, F_SETFL, fcntl(func->handlesocket, F_GETFL,0) &
> ~O_NONBLOCK);
> func->refused = false;
> error = connect(func->handlesocket, (struct sockaddr *)&rem_addr,
> sizeof(rem_addr));
> if(error<0)
> {
> if(errno==ECONNREFUSED) func->refused = true;
> func->SetEvent(DIOLNXBTFSMEVENT_DISCONNECTING);
> break;
> }
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> The problem is: How cancel this block connexion make with connect function?
>
> If we call to this code (in other thread) the connect function waits to
> timeout of the terminal...

the problem seems similar or the same to what Nick posted a view weeks
ago. If you use blocking connect() in one thread the close() in another
thread will not terminate the connection attempt. As far as I can tell
this is true and should be fixed. It however works fine if you just
would use proper non-blocking connect() with a mainloop.

Regards

Marcel