2009-08-24 14:59:37

by Ed Tsang

Subject: Bluetooth-sendto without display

Hi, I am trying to write a simple shell script to keep sending a file to a pre-determined phone upon power up. Base on the latest ubuntu, I am able to
"bluetooth-sendto --device=00:xx:... myfile".
Then I tied to run without GUI by unchecking GDM using rcconf. Now bluetooth-sendto will fail with cannot find display.
Is there a way to cheat, I tried --display=0, --display=0:0.0 .. still does not work.
Or is there obex-send that I could use without gnome?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

2009-08-24 16:48:10

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Bluetooth-sendto without display

Hi Ed,

> I am trying to write a simple shell script to keep sending a file to a pre-determined phone upon power up. Base on the latest ubuntu, I am able to
> "bluetooth-sendto --device=00:xx:... myfile".
> Then I tied to run without GUI by unchecking GDM using rcconf. Now bluetooth-sendto will fail with cannot find display.
> Is there a way to cheat, I tried --display=0, --display=0:0.0 .. still does not work.
> Or is there obex-send that I could use without gnome?

the obexd packages contains test/send-files. Don't try to make a GNOME
program run headless. Use a proper command line tool.

Regards

Marcel