2009-02-04 12:54:22

by Vincent Untz

Subject: Allow user to manually select a PIN

(I'm not subscribed to the list, since I don't really follow the
bluetooth stuff; so keeping me in cc will be appreciated ;-))

Hi,

A while ago, Bastien proposed some UI change to make it possible for
users to manually select the PIN code used for pairing in the wizard:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/717/focus=721

Here's a patch that implements this.

At some point, I considered putting all this in a new page of the
assistant, but I'm not a big fan of one more click. Also, I didn't put
the "Force a random PIN code" option -- I wasn't sure it was that
useful.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press?s.

Attachments:
(No filename) (648.00 B)
bluez-gnome-wizard-custom-pin.patch (6.66 kB)
Download all attachments