2008-12-23 00:13:06

by Nick Pelly

Subject: Tools for AVDTP / AVCTP qualification

Hi,

Do there exist any tools to help pass Bluez AVDTP and AVCTP stack qualification?

Looking at the test spec it seems some command line tools might be
handy. I am thinking along the lines of l2test, hcitool etc. I'll be
writing some similar for AVDTP and AVCTP unless there are already some
floating around?

Cheers,
Nick

2008-12-23 00:50:34

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Tools for AVDTP / AVCTP qualification

Hi Nick,

> Do there exist any tools to help pass Bluez AVDTP and AVCTP stack qualification?
>
> Looking at the test spec it seems some command line tools might be
> handy. I am thinking along the lines of l2test, hcitool etc. I'll be
> writing some similar for AVDTP and AVCTP unless there are already some
> floating around?

we only have avinfo at the moment since the whole AVDTP and AVCTP is
highly integrated into our audio plugin. At some point we were thinking
of doing a AVDTP kernel layer, but never got to it and also it was not
really needed. Putting AVCTP in the kernel would make no sense anyway.

So instead of implementing the whole protocol again to just pass the
qualification tests would be totally stupid. And to be honest the
testing should be just working fine with establishing or accepting
proper A2DP connection.

For the A2DP tests of the PTS suite, I just used GStreamer's gst-launch
with a proper pipeline.

Regards

Marcel

2009-01-06 01:18:10

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Nick,

> > Do there exist any tools to help pass Bluez AVDTP and AVCTP stack qualification?
> >
> > Looking at the test spec it seems some command line tools might be
> > handy. I am thinking along the lines of l2test, hcitool etc. I'll be
> > writing some similar for AVDTP and AVCTP unless there are already some
> > floating around?
>
> Following up on this old thread,
>
> The AVDTP and AVCTP SIG test specification documents explain a
> complex, automated testing environment where an 'upper tester' makes
> method or IPC calls into your stack to cause it to run through various
> AVDTP/AVCTP request/responses with the 'lower tester'. This was what
> my original email was about - if there were tools to interface with
> the upper tester.
>
> What those documents do not explain is that it seems for A2DP and
> AVRCP products you can submit frontline sniff traces of the PTS tests
> as evidence of AVDTP/AVCTP compatibility. So in our case we don't need
> the tools. Hope this helps others trying to wade through SIG
> bureaucracy.

so since the Frontline software can read BTSnoop format HCI based
traces, it would be nice if we can sent these in. Especially since
hcidump can write these natively. So no complex setups.

Regards

Marcel

2009-01-06 00:47:37

by Nick Pelly