2009-03-26 16:58:24

by pavan_savoy

Subject: a2dp connection of HT820 vs. BT620s

Hi,

I am using android [bluez-3.36] and using a2dp over it. I observe that I get a lot of audio gaps, when I connect to headset "Jabra BT620s".

However when I connect to "Motorola HT820", everything seems fine, audio streaming is good.
I have the hcidump, when the Jabra was connected, and it kind of reads the same in terms of frequency, Stereo, block size as when connected to Motorola headset

What could be the problem ? Any inputs would help.

Thanks,
Pavan

< ACL data: handle 1 flags 0x02 dlen 18
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0078 len 14 [psm 25]
AVDTP(s): Set config cmd: transaction 3
ACP SEID 1 - INT SEID 1
Media Transport
Media Codec - SBC
44.1kHz
JointStereo
16 Blocks
8 Subbands
Loudness
Bitpool Range 2-50

--
Exclusive spy camera shots of the Tata Nano only on ZigWheels.com
http://www.zigwheels.com/tata-nano/

2009-03-27 20:43:33

by Nick Pelly

Subject: Re: a2dp connection of HT820 vs. BT620s

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey Nick,
>
> I did post this on the android-group as well, I mentioned I get a "write blocked for ** msecs" when audio gap occurs.
>
> Also, I tested Jabra with ubuntu's 3.16 bluez, it sounds funny [something to do with frequency, I suppose..],
> but no audio gap, basically same output as in Motorola head-set.
>
> Also please elaborate on what part of Android plug-in do you suspect ? I would want to take a look into it.

The audio metering code in liba2dp.c

Nick

2009-03-27 20:40:06

by pavan_savoy

Hey Nick,

I did post this on the android-group as well, I mentioned I get a "write blocked for ** msecs" when audio gap occurs.

Also, I tested Jabra with ubuntu's 3.16 bluez, it sounds funny [something to do with frequency, I suppose..],
but no audio gap, basically same output as in Motorola head-set.

Also please elaborate on what part of Android plug-in do you suspect ? I would want to take a look into it.

regards,
Pavan

On 3/26/09, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using android [bluez-3.36] and using a2dp over it. I observe that I get a lot of audio gaps, when I connect to headset "Jabra BT620s".
>
> However when I connect to "Motorola HT820", everything seems fine, audio streaming is good.
> I have the hcidump, when the Jabra was connected, and it kind of reads the same in terms of frequency, Stereo, block size as when connected to Motorola headset
>
> What could be the problem ? Any inputs would help.

While I suspect this issue is specific to the Android a2dp audio
plugin, I would also be interested in hearing if the pulseaudio or
alsa plugin's have issues with Jabra headsets as Pavan describes.

Nick

--
Exclusive spy camera shots of the Tata Nano only on ZigWheels.com
http://www.zigwheels.com/tata-nano/

2009-03-27 01:39:11

by Nick Pelly