2008-12-19 07:21:01

by Chan-yeol Park

Subject: How can I know BlueZ A2DP, AVRCP profile version.?

Dear all

How can I know BlueZ A2DP, AVRCP profile version.?

As far as I search on the web site, A2DP,AVRCP version is 1.0 respectively

But I expect BlueZ version is higher than we search.

Thanks!

Regards

Chanyeol, Park

2008-12-19 18:12:43

by Johan Hedberg

Subject: Re: How can I know BlueZ A2DP, AVRCP profile version.?

Hi,

On Dec 19, 2008, at 20:53, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
>> How can I know BlueZ A2DP, AVRCP profile version.?
>>
>> As far as I search on the web site, A2DP,AVRCP version is 1.0
>> respectively
>>
>> But I expect BlueZ version is higher than we search.
>
> I think that Johan and Luiz can give you more detailed answers here.
> However normally BlueZ follows the latest specs., but in the case of
> AVRCP I am sure we only implement some of the optional features.

For A2DP we support 1.2, or at least that's the spec version I've been
using when doing the implementation. For AVRCP we've used the latest
spec. version but since we don't have metadata transfer support yet we
can only claim 1.0 conformance (the code might actually register a SDP
record with a higher version so you'll need to modify that if you
intend to do qualification).

Johan

2008-12-19 18:53:15

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Chan-Yeol,

> How can I know BlueZ A2DP, AVRCP profile version.?
>
> As far as I search on the web site, A2DP,AVRCP version is 1.0 respectively
>
> But I expect BlueZ version is higher than we search.

I think that Johan and Luiz can give you more detailed answers here.
However normally BlueZ follows the latest specs., but in the case of
AVRCP I am sure we only implement some of the optional features.

Regards

Marcel

2009-01-15 11:01:43

by Johan Hedberg

Hi,

On Jan 15, 2009, at 11:50, Chan-Yeol Park wrote:
> Does BlueZ Support A2DP as both Initiator and Acceptor role?

Yes. (after all, they are both mandatory in the spec.)

> As far as I look-up the code , I could find A2DP as only INIT role.

I'm not sure what code you have been looking at but BlueZ does a
server AVDTP socket and a mechanism for handling incoming AVDTP
commands (see audio/avdtp.c for more info).

Johan

2009-01-15 10:50:11

by Chan-yeol Park

Dear all

Does BlueZ Support A2DP as both Initiator and Acceptor role?

As far as I look-up the code , I could find A2DP as only INIT role.

However both role are mandatory in A2DP 1.2, I believe BlueZ support both
role.

If you know this role information, please let me know.

Thanks!