2008-07-12 15:28:56

by nased0

Subject: Bluez-utils-3.36 hidd daemon does not compile on Suse 11 x64

I downloaded old version 2.25 of bluez-utils, compiled and installed it, then
compiled and installed v. 3.36 over 2.25 to be able to use my MS
Bluetooth mouse.
Suse 11 64-bit distribution does not have a hidd daemon file included,
therefore its Bluetooth configurators only pretend to work.
I think that Suse 11 x64 distro developers were not able to
compile is also.

2008-07-17 18:37:20

by Stefan Seyfried

nased0 wrote:
> Suse 11 64-bit distribution does not have a hidd daemon file included,
> therefore its Bluetooth configurators only pretend to work.

I'd be interested in what you think is "only pretending to work". I don't want
to rule out a packaging flaw on my side, but at least for me it is working
fine with HID devices and rfcomm/dialup.

> I think that Suse 11 x64 distro developers were not able to
> compile is also.

I strongly object to that suspicion ;-)
It's not included on purpose, since it is obsoleted by input-service, as
Marcel already stated.

http://en.opensuse.org/Bluetooth might contain useful information to help you
set up your devices.

Have fun,

Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG N?rnberg)

2008-07-17 12:18:20

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I downloaded old version 2.25 of bluez-utils, compiled and installed it, then
> compiled and installed v. 3.36 over 2.25 to be able to use my MS
> Bluetooth mouse.
> Suse 11 64-bit distribution does not have a hidd daemon file included,
> therefore its Bluetooth configurators only pretend to work.
> I think that Suse 11 x64 distro developers were not able to
> compile is also.

I have no idea what you are talking about. The hidd compiles just fine
and the reason why SuSE not includes it is that the input service
supersedes hidd.

Regards

Marcel