2008-10-01 22:09:31

by Mario Limonciello

Subject: Untrusted input devices by default

Hello:

In my efforts to get BlueZ 4.x into Intrepid a question was posed. How
come input devices don't default to "Trusted" when paired in the
Wizard? This makes for a weird experience the next time you reboot (or
disconnect the device for that matter) that you need to give it
"authorization".

Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*

signature.asc (252.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2008-10-03 06:53:11

by David Woodhouse

Subject: Re: Untrusted input devices by default

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 08:37 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> > In my efforts to get BlueZ 4.x into Intrepid a question was posed. How
> > come input devices don't default to "Trusted" when paired in the
> > Wizard? This makes for a weird experience the next time you reboot (or
> > disconnect the device for that matter) that you need to give it
> > "authorization".
>
> that is a bug. We should set the input device as trusted after we
> connected to it. Any chance you have a patch for it?

I thought I was testing this a couple of weeks ago and it was working
fine.

--
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
[email protected] Intel Corporation

2008-10-03 06:37:35

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mario,

> In my efforts to get BlueZ 4.x into Intrepid a question was posed. How
> come input devices don't default to "Trusted" when paired in the
> Wizard? This makes for a weird experience the next time you reboot (or
> disconnect the device for that matter) that you need to give it
> "authorization".

that is a bug. We should set the input device as trusted after we
connected to it. Any chance you have a patch for it?

Regards

Marcel