2008-10-18 09:16:20

by David Sainty

Subject: Sending files via bluez-gnome

Hi people,

I notice that the "Send files to device" menu item off bluetooth-applet
is only available if "obex-data-server" is in the $PATH. But I get the
impression that "obexd" is trying to provide the DBus service that the
applet is actually after (point being that searching the $PATH for
"obex-data-server" isn't a very good test for "obexd" presence :)

Sadly, either way (running either server) I can't seem to transfer files
to my Blackberry. But that could be a Blackberry problem, its Bluetooth
support is pretty dismal...

Cheers,

Dave

2008-10-18 11:49:50

by Tadas Dailyda

Subject: Re: Sending files via bluez-gnome

Hi everyone,

As of newest bluez-gnome git, bluetooth-sendto is still not updated to
obex-data-server 0.4 API (patch was already sent to this list in mail
called "Make bluetooth-sendto functional with ODS SVN head"). I also
wrote a wiki page to make migration easier:
http://wiki.muiline.com/obex-data-server/migrating_to_0.4
I installed newest bluez-gnome just recently and I was pretty much blown
away :) Why is OBEX server stuff disabled? The old code will work with
Bluez 4.x and requires no changes.
And good luck with obexd, BTW :) If you are going for a full blown
client API, you are up for a good waste of time.

Cheers,
Tadas