2009-02-10 21:30:33

by Mario Limonciello

Subject: How to update SDP records

Hi guys:

I was looking at the Bluez 4.x API and don't see any way for requesting
an updated set of SDP records for a device. My Blackberry will not
connect advertising that it can receive OBEX transfers at all (the File
Transfer Agent isn't in SDP records). This is because by default that
mode is turned off on the device. There is an option to turn it on
momentarily to receive a file, but then it turns back off.

Because of this, it's impossible to pair the device with the SDP record
for File Transfer on it's list. Is there somewhere in the API that I am
missing that allows you to request an updated set of records for a device?

Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*

signature.asc (260.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2009-02-11 17:11:13

by Mario Limonciello

Subject: Re: How to update SDP records

Hi Marcel:

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>

> I think what you are looking for is the Device.DiscoverServices()
> method. This one lets you trigger SDP.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Thanks, that sounds like it's the correct method. I must have missed it
because I was searching the API for the acronym "SDP".

Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*

signature.asc (260.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature