2009-07-14 16:08:50

by Mario Limonciello

Subject: Re: bluetoothd not starting at boot with udev

Hi Bastien

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 18:07 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
>

> Which is why you need to retry the failed rules later on.

OK, good to know that my suspicions were correct.

> You need to call with the --retry-failed, after the basics of the system
> have been brought up. This means starting up D-Bus, mounting network
> filesystems, etc.

Unfortunately, this makes no difference. It appears that the previous
invocation of the rules is not registering as a failure. If I remove my
extra trigger call on the bluetooth subsystem and run:

$ udevadm trigger --type=failed --verbose --dry-run
(or --retry-failed, they follow the same code path)

No devices are printed, and nothing happens.

Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*

Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*