2008-09-22 11:58:55

by pavan_savoy

Subject: OpenOBEX ObexFTPd problem on BlueZ

Hi,

I have the BlueZ utilities cross-compiled to a particular Arm- target, and cannot get the openobex working.

I start of the server,
$ hcid -s
$ hciattach -- with relevant parameters
$ hciconfig -a -- doesnt show any Service classes
$ obexftpd -c ./ -b -- throws up a msg waiting for connection
$ hciconfig -a -- now shows the Capturing, Object transfer as service classes

But If I start an windows application, to connect to this device, it shows services not found.

Any other hints as to properly starting off obexftpd and using obexftp client?

--
Will the all new Indica Vista zip ahead of the Suzuki Swift? Read the expert review on Zigwheels.com
http://zigwheels.com/b2cam/reviewsDetails.action?name=Ro11_20080829&path=/INDT/Reviews/Ro11_20080829&page=1&pagecount=9

2008-09-23 16:44:09

by Denis Kenzior

Subject: Re: OpenOBEX ObexFTPd problem on BlueZ

Hi,

> Thanks, the current situation works for me.
> Windows [MS generic bluetooth radio] bluetooth stack has send and recieve
> file features, for this...
>
> If I run "obexftpd" on board and do a send file [without PASSKEY] feature,
> then it works.
>
> If I click on recieve file on PC and do a obexftp it doesn't work.
> However If I do a sdptool browse and get to know the channel number (1)
> and then give it to obexftp, it seems to work.

Obexftp doesn't perform SDP queries, it assumes a certain default channel.

> Now, the question...
> 1. How do I enable the passkey feature [bluepin doesn't exist in 3.36] ?
> **All option of security in hcid.conf has the same effect...

You need to implement a passkey agent. See the bluez-utils source for an
example. Basically you need to implement the org.bluez.PasskeyAgent API.

> 2. How I check the services of my board, to make it work for other
> stacks??
> [even the services request from current setup doesn;t seem to work, its
> like the sdp server is not started at all on blueZ side, even though the
> messages show it runs...]

SDP server by default does not contain any records since no services are
started. You can browse local services by running:
'sdptool browse local'

Obexftp does not register any SDP records. You need to look around for
proper obex daemon that integrates with bluez. Look for obex-data-server
or obexd or write one yourself.

-Denis

Nokia Pty Ltd, Level 1, 53 Brandl St, Eight Mile Plains, 4113, Queensland, Australia

2008-09-23 08:39:53

by pavan_savoy

Thanks, the current situation works for me.
Windows [MS generic bluetooth radio] bluetooth stack has send and recieve file features, for this...

If I run "obexftpd" on board and do a send file [without PASSKEY] feature, then it works.

If I click on recieve file on PC and do a obexftp it doesn't work.
However If I do a sdptool browse and get to know the channel number (1) and then give it to obexftp, it seems to work.

Now, the question...
1. How do I enable the passkey feature [bluepin doesn't exist in 3.36] ?
**All option of security in hcid.conf has the same effect...

2. How I check the services of my board, to make it work for other stacks??
[even the services request from current setup doesn;t seem to work, its like the sdp server is not started at all on blueZ side, even though the messages show it runs...]

Thanks in advance.