2008-12-10 15:55:30

by pavan_savoy

Subject: Release Note for BlueZ versions

Hi,

How do I know what BlueZ versions refer to what Bluetooth specification & confrom to which version ?
I am particularly interested about BlueZ 3.36.

It shows me a error "Can't read simple pairing mode" on a v2.1 hardware.

regards,
Pavan

--

"KLUB MJ Hunt, Search for India's First Movie Jockey"
For more details log on to http://www.zeecinema.com

2008-12-12 01:44:27

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Release Note for BlueZ versions

Hi Pavan,

> How do I know what BlueZ versions refer to what Bluetooth specification & confrom to which version ?
> I am particularly interested about BlueZ 3.36.
>
> It shows me a error "Can't read simple pairing mode" on a v2.1 hardware.

make sure you use hcidump -X -V to capture what is going on there. Maybe
your hardware doesn't support Simple Pairing. It is possible to built
2.1 devices without Simple Pairing support.

Also you should switch to 4.22 or something more recent.

Regards

Marcel