2009-02-14 12:05:02

by Kartikey Parmar

Subject: OBEX profile support

hi

I want to support file transfer between two bluetooth devices (say
mobile phone & desktop pc) in my application...
Is there any utility bluez provides on which I can test first whether
it is working or not! like

hcitool, sdptool etc...or I will have to work on some utility to
implement OBEX???

pls reply if somebody has done this...

--
Kartikey Parmar
President AAECC

2009-02-17 02:20:03

by Gustavo F. Padovan

Subject: Re: OBEX profile support

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Yao Ye <[email protected]> wrote:

>> I have openobex compiled, but obexftp fail to compile due to its
> bluetooth code.
>
>> if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../includes -g -O2 -W
>> -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wall -MT
> obexftpd.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo" -c -o obexftpd.o obexftpd.c;
> \
>> then mv -f ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo" ".deps/obexftpd.Po"; else rm
> -f ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
>> obexftpd.c:81: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__'
>> before '*' token
>> obexftpd.c: In function 'start_server':
>> obexftpd.c:891: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'BtOBEX_ServerRegister'
>> obexftpd.c:891: error: 'bt_src' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
>
> in obexftp-0.22-arm\apps\obexftpd.c,
> del static bdaddr_t *bt_src = NULL;
> and add as below,
> then compile again.
>

> #ifdef HAVE_BLUETOOTH
>
> //static bdaddr_t *bt_src = NULL; //del by yaoye
>
> //add by yaoye
> struct {
> uint8_t b[6];
> } __attribute__((packed)) *bt_src = NULL;
>
> #endif

Thank's. It works now. :-)

--
Gustavo F. Padovan

Computer Engineering Student
Institute of Computing - IC
University of Campinas - UNICAMP

email: [email protected]
gtalk: [email protected]
mobile: +55 19 81030803

2009-02-17 01:05:56

by Yao Ye

> I have openobex compiled, but obexftp fail to compile due to its
bluetooth code.

> if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../includes -g -O2 -W
> -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wall -MT
obexftpd.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo" -c -o obexftpd.o obexftpd.c;
\
> then mv -f ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo" ".deps/obexftpd.Po"; else rm
-f ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
> obexftpd.c:81: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__'
> before '*' token
> obexftpd.c: In function 'start_server':
> obexftpd.c:891: warning: implicit declaration of function
'BtOBEX_ServerRegister'
> obexftpd.c:891: error: 'bt_src' undeclared (first use in this
function)

in obexftp-0.22-arm\apps\obexftpd.c,
del static bdaddr_t *bt_src = NULL;
and add as below,
then compile again.

#ifdef HAVE_BLUETOOTH

//static bdaddr_t *bt_src = NULL; //del by yaoye

//add by yaoye
struct {
uint8_t b[6];
} __attribute__((packed)) *bt_src = NULL;

#endif

2009-02-16 12:46:21

by Gustavo F. Padovan

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 3:24 AM, shy <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> You need openobex compiled firstly, and then you could use obexftp to do
> file transfer. Openobex and obexftp support bluetooth channel.
> Brs

I have openobex compiled, but obexftp fail to compile due to its bluetooth code.

if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../includes -g -O2 -W
-Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wall -MT
obexftpd.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo" -c -o obexftpd.o
obexftpd.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo" ".deps/obexftpd.Po"; else rm
-f ".deps/obexftpd.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
obexftpd.c:81: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__'
before '*' token
obexftpd.c: In function 'start_server':
obexftpd.c:891: warning: implicit declaration of function
'BtOBEX_ServerRegister'
obexftpd.c:891: error: 'bt_src' undeclared (first use in this function)
obexftpd.c:891: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
obexftpd.c:891: error: for each function it appears in.)

> Shi Buyun

2009-02-16 12:13:09

by Kartikey Parmar

Hi,
Thank u very much for ur kind suggestion.
I have obtained openobex-1.4 from http://www.bluez.org and obexftp0.22 from
http://www.sourceforge.net
When I attempt to install it, I found an error that openobex is not
installed on ur pc.
I m using bluez-4.30 for my bluetooth application...
can u pls suggest me some solution??
--
Kartikey Parmar
President AAECC

2009-02-16 06:24:46

by buyun

Hi,
You need openobex compiled firstly, and then you could use obexftp to do
file transfer. Openobex and obexftp support bluetooth channel.
Brs
Shi Buyun

> You can use obexftp to do your task. You can find obexftp in folder
> /obexftp/apps.

I have the same doubt: how to transfer files. I find out obexftp, but does
it support BlueZ 4.x? Version 0.22 of obexftp not even compile with BlueZ 4.
x.
And what folder is that? Where can I find it?

> Brs
> Shi Buyun

2009-02-16 06:03:30

by Gustavo F. Padovan

Hi,

2009/2/16 shy <[email protected]>:
> Hi, Kartikey
> You can use obexftp to do your task. You can find obexftp in folder
> /obexftp/apps.

I have the same doubt: how to transfer files. I find out obexftp, but
does it support BlueZ 4.x? Version 0.22 of obexftp not even compile
with BlueZ 4.x.
And what folder is that? Where can I find it?

> Brs
> Shi Buyun

2009-02-16 04:57:09

by buyun