2009-10-28 15:23:34

by Germán Pedrosa

Subject: Re: bluetooth-agent

I agree with your point that use JNI would be better than run shell
commands from Java code.

But here the scenario is totally different: in our architecture the Java
components are not in charge to run such a kind of things; there are a
set on bash scripts that run some previous deendencies of our system,
such as bluetoth-agent.

Therefore I'd need to replicate the behaviour explained by Claudio
before in this thread, but instead of calling the native api, invoking
the command line tool.

Best regards,

El mié, 28-10-2009 a las 09:09 -0600, LORENZO ANTONIO BRITO MORALES
escribió:
> im very shure, but the library from java dont support a lot of
> commands...
> Im developing a system based in bluez , i think is better to code
> somethings in c, then use
> JINI to use C in java.. i think it will be easier for you doing in
> this way, than using a command line from java.

> On 28/10/2009, at 08:43 a.m., Germán Pedrosa wrote:
>
> > Dear Claudio,
> >
> > thanks for your quick answer.
> >
> > But I'm not using BlueZ's API from a C program. We're using Java, so
> > I'd
> > like to run bluetooh-agent directly from the shell. Is there any way
> > handle requests for all dongles using the command line tool?
> >
> > I tried using --path, but I didn't get any result. Probably because
> > I'm
> > not sure how the mapping between bluetooth and unix devices work.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Best,
> >

> > El mié, 28-10-2009 a las 11:21 -0200, Claudio Takahasi escribió:
> >>
> >> Hi German,
> >>
> >> you can register the same bluetooth-agent to handle requests for
> >> all dongles.
> >>
> >> See simple-agent code under test directory, there is an example how
> >> register agent.
> >> Basically you need to call:
> >> adapter0.RegisterAgent(path, "DisplayYesNo")
> >> adapter1.RegisterAgent(path, "DisplayYesNo")
> >>
> >> There isn't man pages for bluetooth-agent, see agent-api.txt under
> >> doc
> >> directory.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> krau

> > --
> > Germán Pedrosa <[email protected]>
> >
> > --
> > bluetooth" in
> > the body of a message to [email protected]
>
> LORENZO ANTONIO BRITO MORALES
> [email protected]
> lorbrito.blogspot.com

2009-10-29 13:09:59

by Germán Pedrosa

Hi Alok,

In your last mail, you said:
>> Can you register an agent per adapter ? just run ./adapter --agent
> >> "hciX" 0000 for every 'X' adapter.
I didn't find the adapter program (I know, I've just seen that it is a mistake, it is the agent program), so I decided to modify the Python script.

This solution should be better, I'll try it.

Thanks a lot.

El jue, 29-10-2009 a las 18:25 +0530, alok barsode escribió:
> Hi German,
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Germán Pedrosa
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi Alok,
> >
> > Finally I decided to modify the python script, in order to add the
> > PinCode as a parameter.
>
> Why did u have to modify it? it prompts you for one during
> authentication. If u want to hardcode it, use test/agent program
> instead.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >

> Cheers,
> Alok.
> > El mié, 28-10-2009 a las 21:07 +0530, alok barsode escribió:
> >> Hi German,

> >> Are you refering to /test/agent program ?
> >>
> >> Can you register an agent per adapter ? just run ./adapter --agent
> >> "hciX" 0000 for every 'X' adapter.
> >>
> >> Or you can use the python script simple-agent for every adapter by
> >> running ./simple-agent hciX
> >>
> >> Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Alok.

2009-10-29 12:55:06

by alok barsode

Hi German,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Germ?n Pedrosa
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Alok,
>
> Finally I decided to modify the python script, in order to add the
> PinCode as a parameter.

Why did u have to modify it? it prompts you for one during
authentication. If u want to hardcode it, use test/agent program
instead.

> Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Alok.
> El mi?, 28-10-2009 a las 21:07 +0530, alok barsode escribi?:
>> Hi German,
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Germ?n Pedrosa
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > I agree with your point that use JNI would be better than run shell
>> > commands from Java code.
>> >
>> > But here the scenario is totally different: in our architecture the Java
>> > components are not in charge to run such a kind of things; there are a
>> > set on bash scripts that run some previous deendencies of our system,
>> > such as bluetoth-agent.
>>
>> Are you refering to ?/test/agent program ?
>>
>> Can you register an agent per adapter ? just run ./adapter --agent
>> "hciX" 0000 for every 'X' adapter.
>>
>> Or you can use the python script simple-agent for every adapter ?by
>> running ./simple-agent hciX
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alok.
>>

>> > Therefore I'd need to replicate the behaviour explained by Claudio
>> > before in this thread, but instead of calling the native api, invoking
>> > the command line tool.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > El mi?, 28-10-2009 a las 09:09 -0600, LORENZO ANTONIO BRITO MORALES
>> > escribi?:

>> > --
>> > the body of a message to [email protected]
>> > More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

2009-10-29 12:47:40