2009-09-03 06:31:29

by Dennis Björklund

Subject: Bluez killed my dell mouse

With the latest version of bluez my mouse no longer work. I noticed this
when my fedora 11 installation got a new version of bluez and then my
mouse didn't work anymore.

I found that in scripts/bluetooth-hid2hci.rules there is a rule like this:

ACTION=="add", ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="413c", ENV{ID_CLASS}=="mouse",
ATTRS{bmAttributes}=="e0", KERNEL=="mouse*", RUN+="/usr/sbin/hid2hci
--method dell -v $env{ID_VENDOR} -p $env{ID_MODEL} --mode hci"

that seem to be the problem. When I remove it I can use the mouse again.
The mouse is a Dell USB mouse with vendor id 413c and product id 3010.

/Dennis

2009-09-03 16:19:53

by Nicolò Chieffo

Subject: Re: Bluez killed my dell mouse

Also, have you got other bluetooth devices?
You can test if they work correctly (can pair, can receive files, ...)

2009-09-03 16:16:17

by Mario Limonciello

Hi Dennis:

Dennis Björklund wrote:
> With the latest version of bluez my mouse no longer work. I noticed this
> when my fedora 11 installation got a new version of bluez and then my
> mouse didn't work anymore.
>
> I found that in scripts/bluetooth-hid2hci.rules there is a rule like this:
>
> ACTION=="add", ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="413c", ENV{ID_CLASS}=="mouse",
> ATTRS{bmAttributes}=="e0", KERNEL=="mouse*", RUN+="/usr/sbin/hid2hci
> --method dell -v $env{ID_VENDOR} -p $env{ID_MODEL} --mode hci"
>
> that seem to be the problem. When I remove it I can use the mouse again.
> The mouse is a Dell USB mouse with vendor id 413c and product id 3010.

Please test with the hid2hci binary and rules from udev. The ones from
bluez are outdated and several deficiencies like these were identified.

--
Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*

signature.asc (260.00 B)