2011-06-30 08:47:05

by Brad Midgley

Subject: sco routing

Hey

I'm experimenting with a gumstix board that routes sco over pcm. Is
there any way to automate this, or should I be rolling my own helper
using d-bus to make the connection and then point the audio client at
the codec where the pcm arrives?

--
Brad Midgley

2011-06-30 15:29:15

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: sco routing

hi

> I'm experimenting with a gumstix board that routes sco over pcm.

ok, it looks like test/test-audio from the bluez source will do what I
need on the software side, then I can fiddle with alsamixer or other
codec controls to link everything together to the sound hardware. I'm
getting help from the hardware guys on the codec. Hopefully it doesn't
get any more complicated. :)

--
Brad Midgley

2011-07-03 01:35:33

by Brad Midgley

Hey

test-audio connect xx seems to work, I can hear the audio channel
firing up and see it in the hcitool con output. But it changes from
esco to sco then sco closes and only the acl is left. I want to test
sco routing on my board, so I'd like it to keep a sco connection up.
Is that possible? Would problems in the pcm setup on the board cause
the bt chip to close sco?

# ./test-audio connect 00:0D:3C:37:46:22 ; hcitool con
Connections:
< eSCO 00:0D:3C:37:46:22 handle 0 state 5 lm SLAVE
< ACL 00:0D:3C:37:46:22 handle 42 state 1 lm SLAVE AUTH ENCRYPT
root@linaro:~# hcitool con
Connections:
< SCO 00:0D:3C:37:46:22 handle 46 state 1 lm SLAVE
< ACL 00:0D:3C:37:46:22 handle 42 state 1 lm SLAVE AUTH ENCRYPT
root@linaro:~# hcitool con
Connections:
< ACL 00:0D:3C:37:46:22 handle 42 state 1 lm SLAVE AUTH ENCRYPT

hcidump is at https://gist.github.com/1061877

thanks guys
Brad