2012-02-23 15:39:10

by Pierre Frenkiel

following the tutorial at
http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html

I was able to use my bluetooth head with some programs like gxine,
kaffeine, mplayer, but I had a problem trying to install plugz
./configure fails with the message:
configure: error: Package requirements \
(dbus-1 >= 0.36, dbus-glib-1 >= 0.36) were not met
The installed package is libdbus-glib-1-2, and I suppose that the
problem is just in naming, but I don't kown how to overcome it.

--
Pierre Frenkiel

2012-02-23 17:11:31

by Pierre Frenkiel

Subject: Re: plugz configure error

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Brad Midgley wrote:

>> following the tutorial at
>>  http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html
>
> the sourceforge project is only for historical interest. You should
> use built-in bluez support for audio. I see the link to the wiki is
> broken... that was supposed to get you on the right track.

at least, this link gave me the way to use kaffeine, mplayer and gxine.
Googling always sends me back to the same obsolete link...

--
Pierre Frenkiel

2012-02-23 16:49:49

by Brad Midgley

> following the tutorial at
> ?http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html

the sourceforge project is only for historical interest. You should
use built-in bluez support for audio. I see the link to the wiki is
broken... that was supposed to get you on the right track.

--
Brad Midgley

2012-02-23 16:43:24

by Pierre Frenkiel

Subject: plugz configure error

(sorry, I forgot the subject in my previous post)

following the tutorial at
http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html

I was able to use my bluetooth head with some programs like gxine,
kaffeine, mplayer, but I had a problem trying to install plugz
./configure fails with the message:
configure: error: Package requirements \
(dbus-1 >= 0.36, dbus-glib-1 >= 0.36) were not met
The installed package is libdbus-glib-1-2, and I suppose that the problem is
just in naming, but I don't kown how to overcome it.

--
Pierre Frenkiel

2012-02-23 16:34:38

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re:

Jack,

The safari "reader" feature happens inside the web browser and is not
part of the site you are looking at. So it would work on generic web
pages through an extension to the browser or something that people
load somehow. The newspaper wouldn't coordinate it.

Brad