2008-10-19 08:28:29

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Add application header support to gwobex

Hi Johan,

for the PBAP support, we need to handle the application header and for
our client/test applications, I extended gwobex to allow us to specify
this header. What do you think?

Regards

Marcel

Attachments:
patch-gwobex-apparam-support (11.27 kB)

2008-10-19 17:00:44

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Add application header support to gwobex

Hi Johan,

> > for the PBAP support, we need to handle the application header and for
> > our client/test applications, I extended gwobex to allow us to specify
> > this header. What do you think?
>
> Looks good to me, though the parameter lists to the _get and_put
> functions are starting to grow pretty long. In general it'd be nice to
> get the same functionality into libopenobex-glib soonish since I'm not
> particularly enjoying looking at this ancient code and coding style
> that should just die away ;)

I agree on that one, but currently it is more important to get this
functionality working and then later we can do the cleanups. Main
problem with libopenobex-glib at the moment is that I based it around
GObject which does make sense for GTK+ programs, but will not make sense
for obex-client. So parts of gwobex might be still living a long life.

After actually working with the PBAP details, I realized that besides
giving the application parameters in the command, so we do have another
pair of buf+size for the response.

Regards

Marcel

2008-10-19 12:36:27

by Johan Hedberg

Hi Marcel,

On Oct 19, 2008, at 11:28, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> for the PBAP support, we need to handle the application header and for
> our client/test applications, I extended gwobex to allow us to specify
> this header. What do you think?

Looks good to me, though the parameter lists to the _get and_put
functions are starting to grow pretty long. In general it'd be nice to
get the same functionality into libopenobex-glib soonish since I'm not
particularly enjoying looking at this ancient code and coding style
that should just die away ;)

Johan