2009-03-30 05:03:39

by jayjwa

Subject: Re: Newbie, can't find device

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Gene Heskett wrote:

> [...]
> bLength 18
> bDescriptorType 1
> bcdUSB 1.10
> bDeviceClass 224 Wireless
> bDeviceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
> bDeviceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
> bMaxPacketSize0 16
> idVendor 0x0e5e
> idProduct 0x6622
> bcdDevice 1.34
> iManufacturer 0
> iProduct 0
> iSerial 0
> bNumConfigurations 1
> Configuration Descriptor:
> bLength 9
> bDescriptorType 2
> wTotalLength 108
> bNumInterfaces 2
> bConfigurationValue 1
> iConfiguration 0
> bmAttributes 0x80
> (Bus Powered)
> MaxPower 100mA
> Interface Descriptor:
> bLength 9
> bDescriptorType 4
> bInterfaceNumber 0
> bAlternateSetting 0
> bNumEndpoints 3
> bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
> bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
> bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
> iInterface 0
> Endpoint Descriptor:
> bLength 7
> bDescriptorType 5
> bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
> bmAttributes 3
> Transfer Type Interrupt
> Synch Type None
> Usage Type Data
> wMaxPacketSize 0x0010 1x 16 bytes
> bInterval 1
> Endpoint Descriptor:
> bLength 7
> bDescriptorType 5
> bEndpointAddress 0x82 EP 2 IN
> bmAttributes 2
> Transfer Type Bulk
> Synch Type None
> Usage Type Data
> wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
> bInterval 0
> Endpoint Descriptor:
> bLength 7
> bDescriptorType 5
> bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT
> bmAttributes 2
> Transfer Type Bulk
> Synch Type None
> Usage Type Data
> wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
> bInterval 0
> Interface Descriptor:
> bLength 9
> bDescriptorType 4
> bInterfaceNumber 1
> bAlternateSetting 0
> bNumEndpoints 2
> bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
> bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
> bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
> iInterface 0
> cannot read device status, Connection timed out (110)
> can't get device qualifier: Connection timed out
> can't get debug descriptor: Connection timed out
> cannot read device status, Connection timed out (110)

That's not good. The command should complete normally. You seem to be missing
about half the data mine displays for this type of device. I'm no USB device
expert, but I'd guess the root of the problem is the bluetooth adapter itself.

My listing starts like this:

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 050d:0121 Belkin Components F5D5050 100Mbps Ethernet
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 224 Wireless
bDeviceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bDeviceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
bMaxPacketSize0 64
idVendor 0x050d Belkin Components
idProduct 0x0121 F5D5050 100Mbps Ethernet
bcdDevice 1.00
iManufacturer 1 Broadcom Corp
iProduct 2 BELKIN BLUETOOTH USB ADAPTER CL. 1
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1

and ends with:

Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 3
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 0
bInterfaceClass 254 Application Specific Interface
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Device Firmware Update
bInterfaceProtocol 0
iInterface 0
** UNRECOGNIZED: 07 21 05 88 13 40 00
Device Status: 0x0000