2009-04-29 03:55:37

by Brad Midgley

Subject: discoverable vs. jaunty

Hey

Both my ubuntu jaunty systems have difficulty with the dbus commands
to make the bt adapter discoverable:

headless:~# dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
--dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode
string:discoverable
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "SetMode" with
signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.Adapter" doesn't exist

fullgnome:~$ dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
--dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode
string:discoverable
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez
was not provided by any .service files

Any ideas?

What I'm really interested in making the headless system into a full
bt access point, so I can't just use the gnome gui to do this. (It's
an alix x86 wifi board)

--
Brad Midgley

2009-04-29 05:02:57

by Brad Midgley

> headless:~# dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
> --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode
> string:discoverable
> Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "SetMode" with
> signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.Adapter" doesn't exist

I see from some digging that this API was changed.

I'm finding the best source of info on this is test/ under the version
of the source matching my bluez version. The test-adapter script there
has perfectly working python example for changing discovery settings.

--
Brad Midgley