2009-01-27 14:34:43

by Thierry Pierret

Subject: Obexd 0.8 : pull failure

Hi,

Any attempt to pull a business card using the OBEX protocol failed
with the following message :

bluetoothd[1844]: adapter_get_device(00:0E:ED:01:DB:67)
gw_obex_xfer_read(): Not found

What does it mean ? What could be wrong ?

Tested with BlueZ 4.26.

Thanks for any help.
Regards.

2009-02-02 10:08:00

by Thierry Pierret

Subject: Re: Obexd 0.8 : pull failure

Hi Marcel,

Here is the way I proceed :
- start the bluetooth daemon (bluetoothd -nd &)
- start a session D-bus and update the environment by exporting the
DBUS variables
- start the obex-client daemon (/usr/libexec/obex-client &)

To pull a business card, I use a C application, i.e. translation of
the python "pull-business-card" script (I did not succeed yet to
cross-compile the dbus-python package for the iMX31 platform). I
attached the source code as information.
Herre is the full output of the application :

$ puller 00:0E:ED:01:DB:67 /var/obex.pull.vcf
Obex puller : session bus connected
Obex puller : message created
Obex puller : message sent
Obex puller : disconnected

At this time, the mobile (Nokia 6810) asks whether data from the
target may be accepted. As soon as the mobile has accepted, the
following error appears on the OBEX client side :

bluetoothd[1773]: adapter_get_device(00:0E:ED:01:DB:67)
gw_obex_xfer_read(): Not found

Looking in the source code (client/session.c and openobex 1.3), one
can note that an OBEX_RSP_NOT_FOUND (0x44) response has been received.

Here is the point I'm blocked. I don't know in which direction
investigate !? I don't know what additional info can be given !?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.
Thierry

2009/2/1 Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi Thierry,
>
>> Any attempt to pull a business card using the OBEX protocol failed
>> with the following message :
>>
>> bluetoothd[1844]: adapter_get_device(00:0E:ED:01:DB:67)
>> gw_obex_xfer_read(): Not found
>>
>> What does it mean ? What could be wrong ?
>>
>> Tested with BlueZ 4.26.
>
> we would need more details and log outputs to analyze this.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Attachments:
puller.c (3.14 kB)