2008-10-08 15:00:02

by mcINEK

Subject: [ BUG ] acl sysfs entry remains after connection error

Hi!

I've found a bug in bluetooth stack.

I use bluetooth on ARM Linux machine to simultaneously send pictures
to 2 or 3 devices.
In a L2CAP connection stage (socket L2CAP 'connect') sometimes I get a
'Connection timeout error',
which is not a disaster because I can try to connect again. However
very often I get a kernel error,
which tells me that there is a duplicate entry in sysfs (acl...).

I've checked, and indeed acl connection entries are not removed from
sysfs after a connection fail.

How can I fix this?

PS. I've got latest 2.6.26 kernel.

Regards,
Marcin Undak

2008-10-15 13:32:21

by mcINEK

2008/10/8 Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
>> I've found a bug in bluetooth stack.
>>
>> I use bluetooth on ARM Linux machine to simultaneously send pictures
>> to 2 or 3 devices.
>> In a L2CAP connection stage (socket L2CAP 'connect') sometimes I get a
>> 'Connection timeout error',
>> which is not a disaster because I can try to connect again. However
>> very often I get a kernel error,
>> which tells me that there is a duplicate entry in sysfs (acl...).
>>
>> I've checked, and indeed acl connection entries are not removed from
>> sysfs after a connection fail.
>>
>> How can I fix this?
>>
>> PS. I've got latest 2.6.26 kernel.
>
> the latest kernel is 2.6.27-rc9. Please confirm that this problem still
> exists.

I've updated and after some tests problem seems to be fixed!

Thanks.

Marcin

2008-10-08 15:31:13

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I've found a bug in bluetooth stack.
>
> I use bluetooth on ARM Linux machine to simultaneously send pictures
> to 2 or 3 devices.
> In a L2CAP connection stage (socket L2CAP 'connect') sometimes I get a
> 'Connection timeout error',
> which is not a disaster because I can try to connect again. However
> very often I get a kernel error,
> which tells me that there is a duplicate entry in sysfs (acl...).
>
> I've checked, and indeed acl connection entries are not removed from
> sysfs after a connection fail.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> PS. I've got latest 2.6.26 kernel.

the latest kernel is 2.6.27-rc9. Please confirm that this problem still
exists.

Regards

Marcel