2008-08-19 12:25:50

by Oliver Neukum

Subject: question on btusb_open()

Hi,

if this function is reentered there's a race with the error path. Can
it be reentered?

Regards
Oliver

2008-08-19 12:57:07

by Oliver Neukum

Subject: Re: question on btusb_open()

Am Dienstag 19 August 2008 14:36:14 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> > if this function is reentered there's a race with the error path. Can
> > it be reentered?
>
> no. The Bluetooth core will protect against it. The open callback will
> be triggered by "hciconfig hci0 up" or hcid/bluetoothd.

Good. I can see no further obvious bugs in btusb. I am going on to do
power management for it.

Regards
Oliver

2008-08-19 12:36:14

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Oliver,

> if this function is reentered there's a race with the error path. Can
> it be reentered?

no. The Bluetooth core will protect against it. The open callback will
be triggered by "hciconfig hci0 up" or hcid/bluetoothd.

Regards

Marcel