2008-11-21 21:53:55

by pavan_savoy

Subject: Place-Holder for a driver

Hi,

The OMAP Zoom2 board has a bluetooth chip which needs to be enabled to be used. When running on Android, the Bluetooth service of Android uses the rfkill sysfs entry to turn on bluetooth.

So I linked the Bluetooth enable GPIO to the sys-fs entry, Now the question is where should/does this driver fit in ?

I've thought of drivers/misc, Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
Pavan Savoy.

--
The New Maruti A-Star is here. View pics, videos, read expert opinion and more on ZigWheels.com
http://images.zigwheels.com/b2cam/a_star.html

2008-11-23 01:41:55

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Place-Holder for a driver

Hi Pavan,

> The OMAP Zoom2 board has a bluetooth chip which needs to be enabled
> to be used. When running on Android, the Bluetooth service of
> Android uses the rfkill sysfs entry to turn on bluetooth.
>
> So I linked the Bluetooth enable GPIO to the sys-fs entry, Now the
> question is where should/does this driver fit in ?
>
> I've thought of drivers/misc, Any suggestions are welcome.

it depends a little bit. If it is purely architecture specific then it
might fit better with the arch drivers. If it is has a more general
use, then drivers/misc/ is fine. Drivers like thinkpad_acpi (which
includes the Bluetooth rfkill switch) are also located there.

Regards

Marcel