2009-01-01 00:44:52

by Dave Schile

Subject: How do I get headset button events without .btscorc?

I have searched all over the place and can't figure out how to do this. I
have a bluetooth headset connected to twinkle softphone. There are
commands available to send to twinkle, but with the new bluez drivers
(without btsco) I don't know how to get the button event. Can anyone help
me?

Thanks,
David

2009-01-02 04:48:07

by Dave Schile

> I screwed up the posting of this and made it part of a totally unrelated
> thread. So, Im posting it agin so that people might see it in proper
> order. Sorry. I'm new at mailing lists.
>
> I figured this one out all on my own! Here is a script in python that
> uses dbus to get the bluetooth headset button press. I think it might be
> helpful to add this to the wiki.
>
> <pre>
>
> def handler(sender=None):
> os.system ('/usr/bin/twinkle --cmd answerbye') # <- that's the
> part
> specific to twinkle
> import dbus, os, gobject
> from dbus.mainloop.glib import DBusGMainLoop
> DBusGMainLoop(set_as_default=True)
> bus = dbus.SystemBus()
> bus.add_signal_receiver(handler, signal_name="AnswerRequested")
> loop = gobject.MainLoop()
> loop.run()
>
> </pre>
>
> Dave

hello,

After further work on this, I find that it's not working exactly right.
The python code above gets the signal correctly, but that doesn't help
when you are trying to answer a call. Terminating a call works fine,
because you are connected, but when a call is ringing in, there is no
connection so the signal event never is called. Anyone know of a way to
make this work?

Thank you,
Dave