2008-12-18 15:50:32

by Jeroen Egelmeers

Subject: BlueZ and Secure Simple Pairing

Hi.
I am using BlueZ 3.24 and
I am trying to enable Secure Simple Pairing. Does version 3.24 contain
proper functionality for SSP ? If not, which version does?
Furthermore, can you give a quick start how to use SSP with BlueZ
between my 2 devices? How should I determine/set the IO capabilities?

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Jeroen

2008-12-19 06:58:57

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: BlueZ and Secure Simple Pairing

Hi Jeroen,

> I am using BlueZ 3.24 and
> I am trying to enable Secure Simple Pairing. Does version 3.24 contain
> proper functionality for SSP ? If not, which version does?
> Furthermore, can you give a quick start how to use SSP with BlueZ
> between my 2 devices? How should I determine/set the IO capabilities?

it is a better idea to use 4.22 for Simple Pairing support and it will
be enabled by default if the hardware supports it.

Regards

Marcel