2009-01-19 16:00:12

by Guido Fischer

Subject: hcitool link quality

Hi, I'm using the bluez implementation for a prototype I developed for my thesis. Therefor I would need to know how the link quality is calculated (or at least its unit) when calling "hcitool lq <bdaddr>". I looked into the hcitools bluez provides but only got as far as hci_read_link_quality. Probably someone can give me some infos on the calculations or a direction where to look at.
Thanks for your help

Regards
Guido

2009-01-20 09:29:52

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: hcitool link quality

Hi Guido,

> I'm using the bluez implementation for a prototype I developed for my thesis. Therefor I would need to know how the link quality is calculated (or at least its unit) when calling "hcitool lq <bdaddr>". I looked into the hcitools bluez provides but only got as far as hci_read_link_quality. Probably someone can give me some infos on the calculations or a direction where to look at.

if you read the Bluetooth specification, then you see that this is
vendor specific. It depends on the chip manufacturer.

Regards

Marcel