2009-01-12 09:08:02

by 卞磊

Subject: disconnect incoming ACL connection

Hi All,
I'm debugging Qtopia bluetooth in my EVB, and found this issue:
If it is a incoming HFP connection, after pressed "Disconnect
HFP", the Qtopia only release rfcomm device and disconnect rfcomm
connection, and the ACL incoming connection can't be
disconnected(check this by 'hcitool con'). Is this a bug or something
else? Thanks. And happy new year!
My develop environment:
kernel : 2.6.18.8 + some patches
BlueZ : 3.26
BT HW : STLC2500
Headset : iTech

BR.
LeiBian
2008-12-31

2009-01-21 06:42:55

by 卞磊

Subject: Re: disconnect incoming ACL connection

Hi,
I found the dbus interface of bluez-4.27 has been changed, so the
qtopia can't work against this bluez. Which is the lastest version
that keep the old dbus interface? I think i can try it first. Thanks.

2009/1/19 Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
> please _don't_ use top posting. I am considering to just ignore any kind
> of top-posting emails.
>
>> I try it in kernel 2.6.27.2 (including bluez patch), but this
>> problem still exist. But when testing another headset, SonyEricsson,
>> this problem does not appear on both 2.6.18 and 2.6.27. So, i guess
>> it's not a issue of kernel. BTW, my BlueZ lib/utils is 3.26. Does it
>> cause this issue? Thanks.
>
> it could be that we have some file descriptor leaks that caused it. I
> would rather try bluez-4.27 since that is recent and not an old version
> that is in maintenance mode.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2009-01-19 10:30:41

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

please _don't_ use top posting. I am considering to just ignore any kind
of top-posting emails.

> I try it in kernel 2.6.27.2 (including bluez patch), but this
> problem still exist. But when testing another headset, SonyEricsson,
> this problem does not appear on both 2.6.18 and 2.6.27. So, i guess
> it's not a issue of kernel. BTW, my BlueZ lib/utils is 3.26. Does it
> cause this issue? Thanks.

it could be that we have some file descriptor leaks that caused it. I
would rather try bluez-4.27 since that is recent and not an old version
that is in maintenance mode.

Regards

Marcel

2009-01-19 10:23:19

by 卞磊

Hi,
I try it in kernel 2.6.27.2 (including bluez patch), but this
problem still exist. But when testing another headset, SonyEricsson,
this problem does not appear on both 2.6.18 and 2.6.27. So, i guess
it's not a issue of kernel. BTW, my BlueZ lib/utils is 3.26. Does it
cause this issue? Thanks.

Best Regards
LeiBian

2009/1/18 Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
>> I'm debugging Qtopia bluetooth in my EVB, and found this issue:
>> If it is a incoming HFP connection, after pressed "Disconnect
>> HFP", the Qtopia only release rfcomm device and disconnect rfcomm
>> connection, and the ACL incoming connection can't be
>> disconnected(check this by 'hcitool con'). Is this a bug or something
>> else? Thanks. And happy new year!
>> My develop environment:
>> kernel : 2.6.18.8 + some patches
>> BlueZ : 3.26
>> BT HW : STLC2500
>> Headset : iTech
>
> that has been fixed, but I can't remember in which kernel version. I
> think your kernel is just too old.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2009-01-18 15:24:13