2009-02-25 04:07:11

by Kartikey Parmar

Subject: Abt Kernel Patch

hi there,
I have downloaded patch-2.6.27-mh1.gz from http://www.bluez.org.
At present I m working on Fedora 9 Kernel 2.6.25
I want to apply this patch to my kernel. I don't fine any readme in
this patch file...
Pls guide me how to apply kernel patch file?

--
Kartikey Parmar
R&D Software Engg

2009-02-25 09:53:27

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Abt Kernel Patch

Hi Kartikey,

> I have downloaded patch-2.6.27-mh1.gz from http://www.bluez.org.
> At present I m working on Fedora 9 Kernel 2.6.25
> I want to apply this patch to my kernel. I don't fine any readme in
> this patch file...
> Pls guide me how to apply kernel patch file?

if you wanna apply a more recent patch against an old kernel, then you
have to backport all its changes (and maybe dependencies). This is not a
job the mailing list can really help you with.

Why not just installing Fedora 10 which already comes with a 2.6.27 by
default.

Regards

Marcel