2009-02-15 20:32:22

by Ted T. Logan

Subject: Can get skype working with mono bluetooth earpiece, but not stereo bluetooth headset

I have skype working fine with my mono bluetooth earpiece, moto 550, but
I can't get it working correctly with my iogear stereo headset.

I get audio, but the other person/skype test call cannot hear me.
However, I can hear myself echo when I talk.

pcm.bluetoothstereo {
type bluetooth
device 00:18:E4:0C:4D:17 #headset
profile "auto"
}

I do notice I have to remove "profile" line to get it working at all
with skype.

Here's the entry for my WORKING h550
pcm.bluetoothh550 {
type bluetooth
device 00:1A:0E:08:03:90 # h550
}

in either case, I choose sound in/out in skype as the device mentioned.

fc10 machine
rpmq bluez
bluez-4.22-2.fc10.i386
bluez-libs-4.22-2.fc10.i386
bluez-cups-4.22-2.fc10.i386
bluez-gnome-1.8-11.fc10.i386
pybluez-0.15-2.fc10.i386
bluez-hcidump-1.42-2.fc10.i386
bluez-alsa-4.22-2.fc10.i386
bluez-libs-devel-4.22-2.fc10.i386
bluez-gstreamer-4.22-2.fc10.i386

2009-02-15 22:16:39

by Ted T. Logan

I also tried using profile voice, still no go:(

pcm.bluetoothstereo {
type bluetooth
device 00:18:E4:0C:4D:17 #headset
profile "voice"